Child Care Aware
Child Care Aware of Central Virginia supports child care providers with the resources needed to grow and promote their businesses. We also connect parents to quality child care.
What is Child Care Aware?
Child Care Aware works to answer the following questions, and in turn, provide free, creative solutions for you.
- Is it easy to find quality care near you? We help parents find affordable, quality early care and put those providers on the map (literally)!
- Is your child care safe? Our child care assistance specialists help providers meet and maintain state, local, and federal requirements.
- Do your providers have access to professional development? Access free training and resources for early educators.
For more information on how to receive free consultations, community outreach visits, information or resources on all your child care needs, contact Patricia Koon at:
ChildSavers is a member of Child Care Aware of Virginia, and child care resource and referral services in Virginia are funded, in part, by the Virginia Department of Social Services
Resources for Providers
We offer free resources and training to fit your professional development and business needs, so you can continue offering affordable and essential care for children in Central Virginia. We can also help you attract more clients by placing you in our quality care database.
- Professional Development: Access to professional training opportunities through regional resource centers, partner affiliates and online at the Virginia Training Academy.
- Technical Assistance: We offer free consultation services to child care providers via telephone, online, on-site, or via printed resources. This includes guidance on topics such as child development, child care regulations, quality enhancement, safety planning, family engagement, nutrition, accreditation, and more.
- Subsidy Vendor Support: We offer services to subsidy providers to advise on business management, regulation enhancement, quality improvement & the application process for the Child Care Subsidy Program.
Resources for Families
Choosing child care for your child is one of the most important decisions you will make. We can connect you with early educators near you that will lay the proper foundations for lifelong learning and development.
- Free Child Care Referrals: We assist families with their child care search by providing customized referrals to programs in their area via our 1-866-KIDS-TLC hotline and online in any language.
- Consumer Education: We provide consumer education to help parents and families understand their child care options and how to choose quality care.