Child Care Aware of Central Virginia
ChildSavers is a member organization of Child Care Aware of Central Virginia, Virginia’s child care resource and referral agency and most trusted child care resource. The network consists of 5 regional Resource Centers that assist consumers and child care providers. Child Care Aware of Central Virginia improves child care in Virginia by developing the child care workforce, maintaining comprehensive child care data, empowering families through education, and advocating for Virginia’s children.
How can Child Care Aware of Central VA assist?
Child Care Aware of Central Virginia improves child care in Virginia by developing the child care workforce, maintaining comprehensive child care data, empowering families through education, and advocating for Virginia’s children.
Take advantage of our free marketing tool, by ensuring your program information is current and up-to-date in our child care referral database. As this improves data quality and ensures parents can locate your program when searching for care. Users can upload up to 5 pictures as a way to market the program to prospective parents.
- Professional Development: We offer access to professional training opportunities including free First Aid/CPR, Trauma Informed Care Part I & II, Strengthening Business Practices or Centers and Family Day Homes, Emergency Preparedness and Subsidy Orientations.
- Technical Assistance: We offer free consultation services to child care providers via telephone, online, on-site, or via printed resources. This includes guidance on topics such as child development, child care regulations, quality enhancement, safety planning, family engagement, nutrition, accreditation, business management, the application process for the Child Care Subsidy Program and more. Our supports are provided to existing child care programs and can assist those interested in learning more about the steps to become state licensed centers or family day homes, voluntary registered or religious exempt centers.
- Subsidy Vendor Support: We offer services to subsidy providers to advise on business management, regulation enhancement, quality improvement & the application process for the Child Care Subsidy Program.
Choosing child care for your child is one of the most important decisions you will make. We can connect you with early educators near you that will lay the proper foundations for lifelong learning and development.
- Free Child Care Referrals: We empower and equip parents with the information and knowledge to make informed decisions about their child care situation through our Referral and Consumer Education program. We provide free customized referrals to programs in their area via our 1-866-KIDS TLC hotline and online at vachildcare.com, as well as information about child care options and how to choose safe, quality care.
- Consumer Education: We provide consumer education to help parents and families understand their child care options and how to choose quality care.
We participate in community events and visit organizations to increase awareness of the importance of quality child care. We facilitate advocacy opportunities and promote legislation to improve the lives of children and families, and the quality of care available in Virginia.
For more information on how to receive free consultations, community outreach visits, information or resources on all your child care needs, contact Patricia Koon at:
ChildSavers is a member of Child Care Aware of Virginia, and child care resource and referral services in Virginia are funded, in part, by the Virginia Department of Education