Child Development Services, CDS, focuses on the needs of parents, teachers, professional child care providers, and others who care for and educate young children. We offer a broad range of services aimed at helping families and caregivers provide the best possible care to their children.
Read success stories about, and testimonials from, people who have benefited from our CDS programs
View legal information about licensing requirements for family day homes
- Child Care Aware of Central Virginia
- Child Development Associate Credential Training
- My Teaching Partner Program
- Mentoring Services
- KIDCare™ STAR Van
- Resources for Unregulated Child Care Providers
- Early Childhood Development Training
- New in July 2009! Online Training
Click on the links below to learn more about the specific services we offer:
• Voluntarily Registered Family Day Home
• Professional Development Training
• Child Care Aware of Central Virginia
The provider information in our resource and referral database is solely self-reported. This means that the information we make available to families is only as good as the information you give us. Stay current by updating your programs information!
Technical Assistance Resource
Please send completed forms to Saretha Williams via e-mail, email@example.com, or mail, 200 North 22nd Street, Richmond, VA, 23223
• Child Care Resource and Referral Service
• USDA Child Care Food Program
Our Child Development Services Department has been approved by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training to offer Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for professionals working in early childhood care and education. Courses are offered on an ongoing basis. Please contact Janet Burke for more information.
Upcoming Trainings and Online Training Opportunities
Tips for Observing Children
Resource Guide for Early Care Professionals